Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Holland Tuesday With MeMe

IT PAYS TO COMMENT
 Blogging has been so good for me.  I feel connected to the world and many wonderful people. One of the best things are visits and comments.  I do my best to do both as much as I can.  However, there are many different ways to comment. I may visit but cannot leave a comment.

 If you use Google +, I cannot leave a comment.  If you use the "reply" method, I will not know if you replied to my comment.  I do good visiting once and cannot visit you a second time. I get a lot more comments than it reflects on my blogs.  Several send me emails.

AS a result of leaving a comment on a ladies blog that lives in Holland, she sent me this adorable card. I was so thrilled she thought of me plus it cost a lot to send even cards from overseas. She does not blog every day as she is so involved in many things.  For example, she made this card and many more.  Her biggest hobby is stamps.  She is a member of the Stamping Queens.  She still makes quilts by hand.  So thankful I found her and stopped by far a visit at http://inekeoriginal.blogspot.com

May I introduce to my new friend, Ineke van den Akker, Amersfoort, Holland


This the card she designed and sent me. That is her stamp on the back, but it did not take very well.

Thank you so very much Ineke for remembering me in such a kind way.

7 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful card, LaVoice. People can FIX that Google+ feature so you CAN comment-but most don't know how to do it. I think Google plus has caused a lot more problems than it is worth. I am always happy to see a comment from you and to visit you. Hope you have a wonderful day. I am off to the VA this morning to have some fun with our veterans! xo Diana

TexWisGirl said...

so precious! she looks like a character, too! :)

i don't like google+ either.

Nani said...

What a nice and very personal gift!

I want to comment more than I do but I have many days where I can just physically read more than I can type. I feel like I'm sometimes missing half of the community part of blogging because I'm a cyber-wallflower! But even if I'm quiet, I enjoys looking and reading. But prefer personal blogs. Where blogging and reading blogs is like sitting down for a cup of coffee with a friend, Google+ or Facebook is more like bumping in to them at Starbucks.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is so sweet. I too have made many friends through blogging and more recently on Facebook.

Annesphamily said...

Such a sweet friend you have made here! That google plus drives me nuts! Sometime I get email comments I can not share and other times I get comments directly at my blog. I wish they would have left well enough alone. LOL

Love your card and your share of this friend across the ocean. I tryt o visit each Blue Monday share.

Have a great week!

bj said...

awww, such a sweet thing to do.
I don't like Google Plus, either. It is so frustrating when you are trying to visit as many as you can ea day and half the names you click on in your comments takes you to their Google+ page..then you have to hunt to find their blog...just too time consuming.
Your card is very nice.
xo

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

What a sweet gift from your friend from the Netherlands (she looks like a fun person). I agree with everything you said about blogging and commenting, I love being connected in this way. And I'm the same as you -- I don't have time don't go back to visit to see if people answered my comment on their blogs (I feel sorry for people who do that, it has to take up so darn much time). (If someone asks me a question in a comment I will e-mail them.)

And I too HATE Google Plus and have given up commenting on them. It is just plain too much work.